Little Downham Teenager Dies After Serious Collision
A TEENAGER from Little Downham who was involved in a serious collision on the B1141 near Ely died on Saturday (Oct 31) Samantha Clarke, 18, of Main Drove, Little Downham, died at Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge as a result of injuries sustained in the
A TEENAGER from Little Downham who was involved in a serious collision on the B1141 near Ely died on Saturday (Oct 31)
Samantha Clarke, 18, of Main Drove, Little Downham, died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge as a result of injuries sustained in the collision which took place on October 22.
The Ely Community College student was driving a red Peugeot 205 on Ely Road when she collided with a blue Nissan at around 8.15am causing a 150 metre slick of petrol and gas to pour out onto the road.
Fire crews were called to the scene to free the injured driver, who was then rushed to Addenbrooke's with serious head injuries but died on Saturday after failing to recover.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Nissan, a 62-year-old woman from Little Downham suffered minor injuries in the smash.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 Man named following fatal collision
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week