Little Downham Teenager Dies After Serious Collision
A TEENAGER from Little Downham who was involved in a serious collision on the B1141 near Ely died on Saturday (Oct 31) Samantha Clarke, 18, of Main Drove, Little Downham, died at Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge as a result of injuries sustained in the
A TEENAGER from Little Downham who was involved in a serious collision on the B1141 near Ely died on Saturday (Oct 31)
Samantha Clarke, 18, of Main Drove, Little Downham, died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge as a result of injuries sustained in the collision which took place on October 22.
The Ely Community College student was driving a red Peugeot 205 on Ely Road when she collided with a blue Nissan at around 8.15am causing a 150 metre slick of petrol and gas to pour out onto the road.
Fire crews were called to the scene to free the injured driver, who was then rushed to Addenbrooke's with serious head injuries but died on Saturday after failing to recover.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Nissan, a 62-year-old woman from Little Downham suffered minor injuries in the smash.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments