Little Downham Teenager Dies After Serious Collision
A TEENAGER from Little Downham who was involved in a serious collision on the B1141 near Ely died on Saturday (Oct 31) Samantha Clarke, 18, of Main Drove, Little Downham, died at Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge as a result of injuries sustained in the
A TEENAGER from Little Downham who was involved in a serious collision on the B1141 near Ely died on Saturday (Oct 31)
Samantha Clarke, 18, of Main Drove, Little Downham, died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge as a result of injuries sustained in the collision which took place on October 22.
The Ely Community College student was driving a red Peugeot 205 on Ely Road when she collided with a blue Nissan at around 8.15am causing a 150 metre slick of petrol and gas to pour out onto the road.
Fire crews were called to the scene to free the injured driver, who was then rushed to Addenbrooke's with serious head injuries but died on Saturday after failing to recover.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Nissan, a 62-year-old woman from Little Downham suffered minor injuries in the smash.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital