Little Downham studio helps produce Joe 90 tribute track
- Credit: Archant
THE finishing touches to a music track which puts a new spin on classic 1960s television series Joe 90 were made at a studio in Little Downham.
Chris Taylor helped edit and mix the new track, called Brains 90, at his Bluebarn Mixing studios in Black Bank Road.
The track is being released by Cambridge-based drummer and producer Mike Ellis as part of his new album, entitled MeLp v1.
He said: “Brains90 features the original recording of the theme to the cult classic 1960s TV show Joe 90, it also features a special guest appearance by Brains from Anderson’s earlier show; Thunderbirds, hence the track title.
“The theme was composed and conducted by the legendary Barry Gray and this version is augmented by a new drum track performed by Mike Ellis and the whole track has been lovingly edited and mixed by Chris Taylor of Bluebarn in Little Downham.
You may also want to watch:
“Fanderson the fan club for all Gerry Anderson’s work and the official Gerry Anderson website have welcomed the release and featured it in recent news updates.”
The album is planned for release later in 2013 on Hot Foot CDs & Records and will include not only Brains90, but a longer tribute to the work of Barry Gray featuring memorable themes from much loved TV series of Gerry Anderson from the 1960s and 1970s.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
Brains90 can be downloaded here: http:mikeellis.bandcamp.com
The accompanying video can be viewed here: http:www.youtube.comwatch?v=6fZaASHb37o