Little Downham’s Vintage Steam Extravaganza will celebrate silver anniversary next weekend
- Credit: Archant
The annual bygones and organs vintage steam display is returning to Little Downham for its 25th year in aid of Magpas Air Ambulance, adding to their running fundraising total of almost £17,000.
The event, on Saturday March 25, will feature a host of vintage cars, tractors, steam engines and organs.
Trevor and Linda Brown, of Sutton, host the event each year with the help of family and friends.
Linda said: “We’ve been raising money for Magpas Air Ambulance for a long time now. We chose to support Magpas as it’s a local charity that obviously makes such a positive difference in the area and we can actually see how our money is helping.
“This will be the 25th year of our bygones and organs event.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s always a good afternoon out and people now travel from all over to come.
“I just hope people will enjoy themselves and we can raise more money for Magpas Air Ambulance.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
It will run from 1pm until 5pm at Little Downham Village Hall.
Tickets available on the door.