Little Downham’s Vintage Steam Extravaganza will celebrate silver anniversary next weekend
- Credit: Archant
The annual bygones and organs vintage steam display is returning to Little Downham for its 25th year in aid of Magpas Air Ambulance, adding to their running fundraising total of almost £17,000.
The event, on Saturday March 25, will feature a host of vintage cars, tractors, steam engines and organs.
Trevor and Linda Brown, of Sutton, host the event each year with the help of family and friends.
Linda said: “We’ve been raising money for Magpas Air Ambulance for a long time now. We chose to support Magpas as it’s a local charity that obviously makes such a positive difference in the area and we can actually see how our money is helping.
“This will be the 25th year of our bygones and organs event.
“It’s always a good afternoon out and people now travel from all over to come.
“I just hope people will enjoy themselves and we can raise more money for Magpas Air Ambulance.”
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 7 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 8 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
It will run from 1pm until 5pm at Little Downham Village Hall.
Tickets available on the door.