Surfacing work mean road will be closed for 15 days in Little Downham
- Credit: Archant
A road in Little Downham will be closed and diversions in place for more than two weeks while repairs are carried out.
Work is due to start on Black Bank Road, Little Downham which will be closed to traffic between the level crossing and Wisbech Road (A1101) for around 15 days from Monday October 20.
Repair work will be carried out from 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday.
During this time, access to properties will be maintained but severely restricted and some delays should be expected.
A diversion route for all traffic will be in place via Lawn Lane, Little Downham - B1411 Ely Road, Little Downham/Downham Road, Ely - A10 towards Littleport - A1101 Wisbech Road, Littleport, and vice versa.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council said: “Please note, to enable us to repair the road at the worst section, the road will be completely closed for a short period of time around Wood Fen Lodge Health Spa.
“Access to properties, to the level crossing side of Wood Fen Lodge Spa, including Wood Fen Lodge Spa and the stables opposite, will only be from Little Downham/Pymoor.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
“Access to those properties to the Littleport side of Wood Fen Lodge Spa, including number eight Black Bank Road and Wood Fen Farm will only be from A1101 Wisbech Road.”