‘Ingenious and very amusing’ creations on display around village as part of scarecrow festival
- Credit: Archant
An astronaut, pirate and Minion were just some of the “ingenious and amusing” creations on show at Little Downham’s scarecrow festival.
The festival, organised by the Parish Magazine, had 58 entries - all of which are still on display around the village until August 31.
Mark Hebbard, assistant editor, said: "The response was impressive and the entries have been both ingenious and very amusing.
"In all 58 entries were received representing over 65 individual scarecrows. "There will be a prize giving in Little Downham Village Hall followed by a scarecrow party after the festival has closed.
"The magazine committee would like to sincerely thank all those who took part in the festival."
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.littledownham.net
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound