Little Downham horse shop Equicentric branching out under new management
- Credit: Archant
Two original staff members have come together to take over an equestrian shop.
Alison Leonard and Jo Lawrence have taken over the running of Equicentric in the Old Bishop’s Palace at Tower Farm, Little Downham, which was opened 2003.
As well as providing equestrian equipment for riders and their horses, the shop now caters for dog-lovers, wild-bird feeders and people who keep chickens.
There is an industrial washing machine for horse rugs, dog beds and doormats and electric fencing equipment is also available.
The shop offers tea, coffee and cakes as well as advice on everything horse related.
Joint owner Mrs Leonard said: “Jo and I have always had a small involvement in the shop alongside another lady.
“She had to move up North and circumstances meant she couldn’t come back so we decided to take over completely.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“It is a beautiful building and, as well as all the equestrian equipment, we are branching out to do more country wear, things for dogs, chicken feed and so on.
“We find there are a lot of dog owners coming here who want various things and a lot of people keep chickens in their back garden. “We employ local people and are trying to support the villagers so that they don’t have to travel into town to get stuff.”
Equicentric is open from 10am-6pm Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am-8pm on Thursdays, 10am-5pm on Saturdays and 10am-4pm on Sundays.
To find out more about the shop call 01353 699909, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, go to www.equicentric.com or find them on Facebook