Litterpicks are coming to Littleport... the first is next week!
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Timebank is launching its own set of litterpick events; the first is on Wednesday August 24 from 10am to 12pm at St George’s Medical centre.
Local businesses and organisations were approached a few months ago to ask if they would pledge £40 which bought them a litterpick set - including a personalised hi-vest printed by Littleport business Sigma embroidery.
“Several organisations stepped up to the challenge and, as a result, the timebank will be able to litterpick to their hearts content at a moment’s notice,” said John Ide of the group.
“Sponsors have been invited along on the day and are hoping there will be a good turnout from the community.”
Caline Easey, coordinator for the timebank, said: “I am very grateful to local businesses, charities and organisations that were generous enough to donate money towards an issue that affects every community.
You may also want to watch:
“East Cambs District Council have been kind enough to support our efforts in the past but this means members can go off when they wish.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry