Littleport Lions Club litterpick around Ely collecting rubbish from the cathedral grounds and river bank
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of bags of rubbish were collected from around Ely as The Lions Club of Littleport set out to spruce up the streets.
A team of more than 10 decided to do the clean-up as a thank you to The Almonry Ely who allowed them to hold their Easter event in their gardens.
As the day went on the litter pick was extended to include the cathedral grounds, a local park and the river bank.
Lots of bags of rubbish were collected and they finished off with a pint in a local pub.
The Lions Club has been busy recently, with a variety of projects in the community including Lions World Sight Day, Ely Potato Festival and decorating a pensioner’s kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
They also undertook a makeover of a garden for a boy with autism and raised funds for various charities such as the British Legion and Diabetes UK.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools