Lisa Is Running To Raise Money For Liam
SOHAM sportswoman Lisa Redman is running no less than three charity runs this month, and it s all in aid of Liam s Fund. Lisa, 35, who works as a dental nurse in Ely, has raised £530 from sponsored runs so far. On Sunday she will take part in the Great Ea
SOHAM sportswoman Lisa Redman is running no less than three charity runs this month, and it's all in aid of Liam's Fund.
Lisa, 35, who works as a dental nurse in Ely, has raised £530 from sponsored runs so far. On Sunday she will take part in the Great East Anglian Run in King's Lynn, then return closer to home for the Soham half-marathon on May 18, and just a week later she will head to Brandon Forest for the half marathon there.
"Last year I ran the London Marathon for the East Anglian Air Ambulance," said Lisa, "and I felt like I wanted to do something a bit closer to home. Liam lives in the same town as me and I got so emotional the first time I met him, so I just said to his dad, could I start raising money and it went from there. Running for Liam really helps to motivate me."
She took up running three years ago after and operation and now runs loops around the Fens from her home in Great Fen Road, three times a week.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa and fellow Soham resident Ian Blatchford, who recently ran the London Marathon in aid of Liam's Fund, will both be turning out for Ely Runners at the Soham Half Marathon. If you would like to support them on the day, the run starts at 11.15am from the Ross Peers Sports Centre and you can turn up to register from 11am.
If you would like to sponsor Lisa visit www.justgiving.com/lisaredman1
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k