Life’s a beach for Witchford students
- Credit: Archant
HUNSTANTON became an outdoor classroom for more than 100 Year 8 students from Witchford Village College last Thursday.
Three coaches took the students and staff to the coastal resort for a combined English and geography field trip.
Students took inspiration from the sea, the cliffs and the lighthouse as stimulus for writing their own piece of poetry or creative writing during English lessons back in school.
In addition, they were sketching the coastal defences along various areas of the coast and gleaning information to help them with a geography homework project.
The students were split into four groups and walked from one end of Hunstanton to the other, completing work as they moved along the promenade and beach.
You may also want to watch:
Unsurprisingly, walking along the beaches proved to be the most popular part of the day with students!
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 9 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 10 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May