Life’s a beach for Witchford students
- Credit: Archant
HUNSTANTON became an outdoor classroom for more than 100 Year 8 students from Witchford Village College last Thursday.
Three coaches took the students and staff to the coastal resort for a combined English and geography field trip.
Students took inspiration from the sea, the cliffs and the lighthouse as stimulus for writing their own piece of poetry or creative writing during English lessons back in school.
In addition, they were sketching the coastal defences along various areas of the coast and gleaning information to help them with a geography homework project.
The students were split into four groups and walked from one end of Hunstanton to the other, completing work as they moved along the promenade and beach.
You may also want to watch:
Unsurprisingly, walking along the beaches proved to be the most popular part of the day with students!
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues