Liam Fairhurst is Named as Top Fundraiser
LIAM Fairhurst has been named as Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year. Liam, who is lives in Soham and is a pupil at Soham Village College, received a standing ovation at the Institute of Fundraising Awards held in London on Monday night. It was recently anno
LIAM Fairhurst has been named as Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year. Liam, who is lives in Soham and is a pupil at Soham Village College, received a standing ovation at the Institute of Fundraising Awards held in London on Monday night.
It was recently announced that Liam, who was diagnosed with cancer for the second time in March 2007, but is now recovering from the disease, has raised more than £150,000 for the CLIC Sargent charity.
Liam was given a standing ovation when he went to collect the award from BBC sports reporter Chris Hollins who has recently become a patron of CLIC Sargent.
From left to right are: Lindsay Boswell, from the Institute of Fundraising, Karen Roberts, community fundraiser for CLIC Sargent, Liam and Jackie Fowler.
CLIC Sargent is the leading children's cancer charity. It offers children and their families care and support, including nurses and play specialists.
What Can You Do?
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
Make a donation to Liam's Fund. Make a cheque payable to CLIC Sargent, and send it to: the Ely Standard, 38 Market Street, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4LS.
Organise a fund-raising event at your workplace, school or club. Let us know the details and we will help you to publicise the event.