Sir Brian Leveson to judge this year’s inter-school debating competition
- Credit: Caroline Cosgrove
A real life judge will be judging the south east Cambridgeshire annual inter-school debating competition,
This year’s final will be judged by President of the Queen’s Bench Division and Head of Criminal Justice Sir Brian Leveson, best known for The Leveson inquiry following the phone hacking scandal in 2011.
The competition, organised by SE Cambridgeshire MP Lucy Frazer, is now in its fifth year.
A debating skills training day held on Friday, September 7, at the Cambridge Union marked the start of the annual debating season for Year 11 pupils across the region.
Over the next three months, schools across the constituency will run in house heats with the winners being put forward to compete in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Frazer commented: “I am so happy that, five years on, this competition is going from strength to strength and that is all due to the commitment and support of the teachers involved from secondary schools across the constituency.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph