LETTER: ‘We need your vote’
- Credit: Archant
Friends of Robert Arkenstall School in Haddenham are raising funds all year round and 2017 brings an exciting project for the school WYlderness.
Our wildlife and outdoor learning area is desperately in need of some attention and TLC so we have put together a proposal to win funding from Aviva Community Fund together with help from the school, parents, children and the community ‘A’ team. Full details can be read here: https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/16-2637.
We need to be one of a few projects to receive the HIGHEST VOTES in our category (helping young people, funding up to £10,000) to be shortlisted for the winning prize fund.
So we should like to ask everyone in Haddenham, Ely and surrounding villages to support us by voting.
The deadline is November 18 and you have 10 votes per person to register to a project. Please could you help us.
The heart of our community is the countryside. We want to bring the countryside into the heart of the school.
WYlderness want children and the community to reconnect with the food we eat, the anatomy of living things and the people we live amongst. Help us.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
If you could write about our project and encourage people to vote that would be fantastic. We have a deadline!
SHARRON BROAD FORAS