LETTER TO THE EDITOR: We will do all we can to help save Littleport leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
What a disappointment it was last week to see two Councillors elected for Littleport fight so bitterly to stop the District Council helping the Littleport Leisure Community Centre in a time of extreme need.
Councillors David and Christine Ambrose-Smith had approached me and asked if we could help, we quickly arranged a loan for Littleport Leisure which went to committee for confirmation last week.
However, I did not expect that two Littleport representatives, Councillors Wright and Morrison, would fight so bitterly to stop the District Council from helping to keep the centre open. What made me most sad was that they appeared to have forgotten that they are elected to fight for their town.
I do hope that Littleport residents will question Councillors Morrison and Wright as to their motives and are aware that the Conservative Group at the District Council will do all they can to help Councillors Ambrose-Smith save Littleport Leisure Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Leader, East Cambridgeshire District Council.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face