LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dismay at people using sandwich boards in Ely to advertise Domino’s Pizza
- Credit: Archant
I AM writing to register my dismay at the people advertising Domino’s Pizza around Ely using sandwich boards.
Yesterday there was a lady at the junction of Tower Road and Cambridge Road for at least six hours, on a hot day and with very little shade.
I asked her if she had any water but she didn’t understand my question. There were also several Domino’s employees wearing sandwich boards in the town centre.
Not only is it dehumanising and humiliating for employees to be used like this as human adverts, it’s also simply incompatible with the flavour and style of Ely.
Advertising by-laws should not be circumvented in this manner. This type of advertising is completely unacceptable and is not appropriate in Ely.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
• WHAT DO YOU THINK: Is this type of advertising inappropriate? Should employees be used as ‘human adverts’? Post your comments below or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org