LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dismay at people using sandwich boards in Ely to advertise Domino’s Pizza
- Credit: Archant
I AM writing to register my dismay at the people advertising Domino’s Pizza around Ely using sandwich boards.
Yesterday there was a lady at the junction of Tower Road and Cambridge Road for at least six hours, on a hot day and with very little shade.
I asked her if she had any water but she didn’t understand my question. There were also several Domino’s employees wearing sandwich boards in the town centre.
Not only is it dehumanising and humiliating for employees to be used like this as human adverts, it’s also simply incompatible with the flavour and style of Ely.
Advertising by-laws should not be circumvented in this manner. This type of advertising is completely unacceptable and is not appropriate in Ely.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
• WHAT DO YOU THINK: Is this type of advertising inappropriate? Should employees be used as ‘human adverts’? Post your comments below or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org