LETTER: ‘Pray that we don’t have a harsh winter – because a massive cut in gritting could see Back Hill become a danger zone because of Conservative County Council cuts.’
It is quite amazing that a bunch of Conservative councillors have waded in demanding that the minor injuries units are kept open: would these be the same Conservatives who voted to ask the local NHS to contribute to council projects?
Would this be the same Tory Party that is slashing funding for the NHS?
How cynical can they be? Could it be that there is an election next year for some of them and they are desperate to claim a ‘success’?
After all, where is the promised Ely bypass? Where is the promised leisure centre (now devoid of any form of water slides to create the leisure)?
Where are the promised new homes (North Ely delayed until 2018!)?
You may also want to watch:
These are Tories who have let you all down time and again – slashing services and then calling them savings. Would they be the ones wanting to reduce levels of social care in the county, hitting our most vulnerable and putting even more pressure on the NHS services?
Pray that we don’t have a harsh winter – because a massive cut in gritting could see Back Hill become a danger zone because of Conservative County Council cuts.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Lib Dem Focus Team