LETTER: ‘Pray that we don’t have a harsh winter – because a massive cut in gritting could see Back Hill become a danger zone because of Conservative County Council cuts.’
It is quite amazing that a bunch of Conservative councillors have waded in demanding that the minor injuries units are kept open: would these be the same Conservatives who voted to ask the local NHS to contribute to council projects?
Would this be the same Tory Party that is slashing funding for the NHS?
How cynical can they be? Could it be that there is an election next year for some of them and they are desperate to claim a ‘success’?
After all, where is the promised Ely bypass? Where is the promised leisure centre (now devoid of any form of water slides to create the leisure)?
Where are the promised new homes (North Ely delayed until 2018!)?
You may also want to watch:
These are Tories who have let you all down time and again – slashing services and then calling them savings. Would they be the ones wanting to reduce levels of social care in the county, hitting our most vulnerable and putting even more pressure on the NHS services?
Pray that we don’t have a harsh winter – because a massive cut in gritting could see Back Hill become a danger zone because of Conservative County Council cuts.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
Lib Dem Focus Team