LETTER: ‘Pray that we don’t have a harsh winter – because a massive cut in gritting could see Back Hill become a danger zone because of Conservative County Council cuts.’
It is quite amazing that a bunch of Conservative councillors have waded in demanding that the minor injuries units are kept open: would these be the same Conservatives who voted to ask the local NHS to contribute to council projects?
Would this be the same Tory Party that is slashing funding for the NHS?
How cynical can they be? Could it be that there is an election next year for some of them and they are desperate to claim a ‘success’?
After all, where is the promised Ely bypass? Where is the promised leisure centre (now devoid of any form of water slides to create the leisure)?
Where are the promised new homes (North Ely delayed until 2018!)?
These are Tories who have let you all down time and again – slashing services and then calling them savings. Would they be the ones wanting to reduce levels of social care in the county, hitting our most vulnerable and putting even more pressure on the NHS services?
Pray that we don’t have a harsh winter – because a massive cut in gritting could see Back Hill become a danger zone because of Conservative County Council cuts.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 8 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
Lib Dem Focus Team