LETTER: Market Square plans are a welcome
I am writing to your newspaper to express my support for the plans for a redevelopment of the Market Place in Ely.
I moved to Ely with my young family five years ago and we love living in such an historic beautiful city.
However, I have always been mystified as to why the Market Square is permitted to remain an old, ugly eyesore, right in the middle of our city!
The new plans proposed by this local firm Rannerlow are a dramatic improvement, the proposed renovation would breathe new life and modernity into a run down building, rejuvenating the whole Market Square area.
I very much hope that our council and community have the foresight and courage to support this new development.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station