LETTER: ‘I would like to bring it to the attention of your readers the selfishness of these types of cyclists’
- Credit: Archant
I would like to bring it to the attention of your readers the selfishness of these types of cyclists.
The road is Duxford to Ickleton and is a busy road and bus route. However we are continually being subjected to this manner of cycling i.e. four abreast and in a convoy.
They never seem to think they should get into single file when vehicles are present and want to pass. If you try to encourage them to move over, one gets expletives and hand gestures!
Why is it that bikes that use the same amount of road as an HGV vehicle, take no test, pay no road tax or insurance and can go at speeds exceeding 30mph, even sometimes using a mobile phone is perfectly OK and acceptable? Is it because they because they are being environmentally friendly and keeping fit at the same time?
Has one thought of the fumes we create when we have to crawl along behind them and break sharply if one suddenly decides to pull around a mate for a more intimate chat. They do give an ounce of concern about the queue mounting behind them and that a vehicle could be trying to overtake.
You may also want to watch:
Cycle by all means....but more rules and considerations in my opinion is needed urgently especially after more and more cyclists are being involved in accidents.
Why should it just be drivers that must ‘think bike’? A lot of cyclists don’t think bus, lorry, car, motorbike and even pedestrians, when suddenly they decide not to use the road and mount the pavement to avoid queuing traffic.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
P MUNSON (Mrs)