LETTER: ‘I wish that Sanctuary would listen to me and stop treating me like an idiot’ says woman with flooded pantry
- Credit: Archant
I am very upset and distressed writing this.
Four years ago during a major storm my pantry flooded, I immediately rang Sanctuary to report this.
Months later they sent out a surveyor who reported damp work was required throughout the property.
This was due to be done in 2015, but I was overlooked due to contract problems.
I was then told I was priority for 2016, so with constant chasing by myself I was eventually told work would be carried out in February 2017.
We had to move out for 15 nights for this to happen. I was told they would tank the pantry as it’s below ground, but the just blackjacked it for the 4th time since I moved in nine years ago.
The plaster still has not dried out and I have chased since April to get this problem sorted.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
The workman turned up to do the work again this morning, only to tell us he had been told to black jack it again.
He has told them it needs tanking properly. I contacted Sanctuary requesting housing officer and surveyor to come to my property immediately as I want the job done properly this time, only to be told I have to wait until next week as the surveyor is on annual leave.
I wish that Sanctuary would listen to me and stop treating me as an idiot as I have lived here for nearly 10 years and know what they have done in the past and not worked.
Hopefully by highlighting this to you they will start to listen.