LETTER: ‘I wish that Sanctuary would listen to me and stop treating me like an idiot’ says woman with flooded pantry
- Credit: Archant
I am very upset and distressed writing this.
Four years ago during a major storm my pantry flooded, I immediately rang Sanctuary to report this.
Months later they sent out a surveyor who reported damp work was required throughout the property.
This was due to be done in 2015, but I was overlooked due to contract problems.
I was then told I was priority for 2016, so with constant chasing by myself I was eventually told work would be carried out in February 2017.
You may also want to watch:
We had to move out for 15 nights for this to happen. I was told they would tank the pantry as it’s below ground, but the just blackjacked it for the 4th time since I moved in nine years ago.
The plaster still has not dried out and I have chased since April to get this problem sorted.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The workman turned up to do the work again this morning, only to tell us he had been told to black jack it again.
He has told them it needs tanking properly. I contacted Sanctuary requesting housing officer and surveyor to come to my property immediately as I want the job done properly this time, only to be told I have to wait until next week as the surveyor is on annual leave.
I wish that Sanctuary would listen to me and stop treating me as an idiot as I have lived here for nearly 10 years and know what they have done in the past and not worked.
Hopefully by highlighting this to you they will start to listen.