LETTER: Double the money
- Credit: Archant
I currently volunteer at the Ely Food Bank and coming up we have an opportunity to raise £500, which would be a huge support for the charity and for the people of Ely and the surrounding area.
Starting at 10am on Thursday June 22, Localgiving will be doubling one-time donations to local charities pound-for-pound by up to £25! The campaign will take place on Fundraising Day as part of Small Charity Week 2017, launching at 10am and running until the fund runs out, or 11.59pm - whichever comes first.
Small Charity Week celebrates and raises awareness of the essential work of the UK’s small charity sector - of the invaluable contribution that these groups make to the lives of millions of individuals, communities and causes across the UK and the rest of the world.
Donations outside of the supporter and charity limits detailed below will not be matched through this campaign. Localgiving cannot guarantee the length of the campaign and donations will only be matched whilst match funding is available.
Each supporter may claim up to £25 of match funding via one-time donations per charity they choose to support.
You may also want to watch:
This can be via one donation of £25 or more, or several smaller donations that add up to £25 in total.
Every supporter may support as many charities as they wish and have their donation(s) matched in accordance with these conditions whilst match funding is available.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
Each charity may receive up to a maximum of £250 of match funding through the campaign.
The match fund currently stands at £15,000.
JOE HARPER Foodbank volunteer