LETTER: Dogs welcome in Ely stores is big news on social media
The subject of dogs being allowed in Ely stores has been the main topic hotly debated on social media including the Littleport Notice Board Facebook page.
The very excitable discussion was as a result of someone posting that the Wilko store in Ely now allows well behaved dogs into their store. They have a sign in the window.
As a result of reading and taking part in the discussion I have now opened a public Facebook group where we list dog friendly places in and around Ely. The group is called: Fb/Dogfriendlyplacesinely&surroundingvillages
The group is gaining members by the hour.
The aim of the group is to promote and update a list of dog friendly places in the locality.
I would love for more people to join and to share names and places.
So far we have Nero’s cafe who was added by a member who said that they will even give a dog bowl out with water if asked.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
Also on list: Wilko, Fat Face, The White Stuff, Travel Lodge and the Lamb Hotel.
I would also love to get some recognisable window stickers done for shops to display with the name of our Facebook group and also saying that they welcome dogs. Easily recognised by dog owners and customers.
If anyone could help with printing of stickers or maybe the shops named could help?