LETTER: Are you sure these ‘so called security lights’ are that effective in Ely?
Salesmen have been at work in Ely selling householders, at great cost, so called security lights which are triggered by any nocturnal creature on its nightly wandering
This is causing a great deal of light pollution waking other residents in the early hours, upsetting wildlife, this is very antisocial behaviour.
Are these lights effective in keeping intruders away? The salesmen will say yes, but of course they are biased by the huge sales commission, gained for having sold these devices to the householder, perhaps the police could comment.
Certainly legalisation is required requiring householders to restrict the floodlighting to their own property.
You may also want to watch:
St John’s Road
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound