Leisure centre fun day is a hit with visitors
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Leisure Centre welcomed hundreds of visitors to its annual fun day at the weekend.
Organisers say about 1,500 people passed through the centre, in Camel Road, on the day to enjoy the feast of fun and games on offer, including five-a-side football, stalls, model airplanes, tug-of-war and an indoor ice rink.
There was also a fly over from the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and the Women’s Institute was on hand to provide much-needed refreshments for visitors.
An array of classic cars were available to admire and there was also a fun dog show.
Funds raised from the event will be put back into organising the 2016 fun day.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the centre said: “It is always a well supported event and it was the same this year. All the reports we have had back have said that it was a very enjoyable day.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town