Lego lovers raise £1,600 for charity and enjoy looking at mind-boggling displays
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 lego loveing families helped to raise more than £1,600 for charity at the weekend.
The Ely Brick Show at the Countess Free Church was held on Saturday (March 16) in aid of Ely Christians Against Poverty (Ely CAP).
Super displays of Lego models ranging from cities, a castle, a fairground and even Big Ben attracted dozens of enthusiasts to the fundraising event.
Derek Tye, from the Ely CAP Debt Centre, said: “It was a great day, and we are very grateful to church for hosting, and to Duncan Bridges who came up with the idea and undertook most of the organisation.”
Excited children and grown ups marvelled at displays including the incredible Brick on Sea Lego City.
You may also want to watch:
A Robot Wars style event also took place with a chance for revellers to battle it out using robots constructed from Lego kits.
Other displays included Big Ben, Tower Bridge, a castle and a mind-boggling moving display.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
All the proceeds of the day went towards the Ely CAP, which is a partnership between the churches in Ely and provides free debt counselling to anyone who feels weighed down by debt.
If you live in the CB6 or CB7 post code areas and would like know more call 0800 328 0006.
Last year the centre helped 48 families and individuals towards becoming debt free.