Leaflet claiming gay people can be ‘cured of their disease’ distributed in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A leaflet likening homosexuality to paedophilia while claiming that it can be “healed” has been posted through letter boxes in Ely.
The leaflet, which started to appear on doormats at the beginning of the month, claims that being gay is a disease and that it has become a dangerous cult.
The printed leaflet does not carry the name of any group or organisation on it but refers regularly to Christian scripture and moral teachings.
It reads: “Homosexuality, as well as being a sin and a vice, is essentially a neurosis, a pathological condition; the result of several factors including childhood experiences.
“It is a dangerous temptation rather than a healthy orientation.
“If the practice of homosexuality is acceptable, then in time any form of sexual deviation, perversion and experimentation will be acceptable, including the progressive lowering of the age of consent, taking it below the age of puberty and thus legalising paedophilia. A common form of homosexuality is pederasty.
“The condition of homosexuality can be treated and healed, as all distorted sexuality can be healed, and as many cases in recent years have proved.
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
“Homosexualism has become a cult and by the indoctrination of school children and regular propaganda through the media, it seeks converts to its way of life.
“It belongs to the culture of death and is ultimately inspired by that arch rebel, the devil. It is a lie, not the truth.”
The leaflet goes on to suggest that gay people should not be persecuted but says that should also “not be encouraged”. “They need healing not approval” the leaflet claims.
At its end, the leaflet denies it is homophobic saying that the term is a misnomer, translating literally to ‘fear of men’ and not fear of homosexuals.
Have you received this leaflet through your door? Were you involved in distributing it? Contact 01353 665521 or e-mail email@example.com