Lauren Danks’ car “struck from behind” moments before fatal A11 crash, says coroner
- Credit: Archant
The car of beauty therapist Lauren Danks was struck from behind by another vehicle moments before her fatal A11 crash at Red Lodge, a coroner said yesterday morning.
The 22-year-old, who worked at Elveden Center Parcs, died on November 11 after a collision on the A11 at Red Lodge.
A 63-year-old man from the Brandon area is on bail until May next year after he was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, drink driving, and failing to stop following a road traffic collision.
The inquest opening lasted only a minute today in Bury St Edmunds before it was adjourned and was conducted by assistant coroner for Suffolk Dr Dan Sharpstone.
He said Miss Danks was driving her Citroën car along the A11 when she was “struck from behind” by another vehicle, forcing her off the carriageway and over a barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Sharpstone said she suffered multiple injuries in the collision. Miss Danks died at the scene.
A member of the public spotted Miss Danks’ car after the crash and called the emergency services.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
Floral tributes were left at the dual carriageway’s roadside after her death – with angel wings and a tiara added to an ever-increasing collection of balloons, flowers, and cards.
She left behind parents Robert and Claire and three brothers.
Center Parcs released a tribute to the Soham resident at the time.
“Our thoughts are with Lauren’s family, friends and colleagues at this terrible time,” the company said in November.
“Lauren was a highly regarded and popular member of the Aqua Sana team at Center Parcs Elveden Forest, and she will be truly missed.”
Anyone travelling along the A11 between Red Lodge and Barton Mills between 10pm on Thursday, November 10, and just after 12 midnight into Friday, who has any information relating to this collision, should contact the serious collision investigation team on 101 quoting CAD 2 of November 11.