Ely coffee shop to launch brand new trailer with rooftop seating and espresso making equipment
A coffee shop in Ely has a brand new rooftop ‘Coffee Rig’ with state-of-the-art espresso making equipment and seating overlooking the city.
Silver Oak Coffee Ltd has its roastery just outside Ely and has been selling delicious beans and coffee based drinks on Ely Market Square for more than four years.
The Coffee Rig, which is a six metre long trailer - has a staircase, modelled on a routemaster bus - that takes you onto the roof.
It is being celebrated at an official launch tomorrow and was built by Masters Exhibitions.
They say that, although they have built countless race event trailers, vans and mobile bars, this is a first for them.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Silver Oak Coffee said: “It is essentially a six metre long, matt black trailer, The roof is equipped with the best seats in town and you can sit and look over the market and the cathedral, while sipping a gorgeous flat white.
“If the weather is inclement, then linked to the trailer are two weatherproof, weighted gazebos, with side panels or half panels.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
“You can sit inside, with your dog (or children!) and enjoy the ‘indooroutdoor’ experience that we all love.”
Business owner, qualified roaster and expert barista, Bruce Garside, takes a scientific approach to producing coffee.
The company works with small farms so the environment influences the flavour profile of the coffee beans.
Bruce buys coffee beans seasonally, carefully selecting micro lots of beans from around the world, which he roasts carefully to bring out the natural flavours to the best advantage.
At the launch tomorrow there will be free coffee, brownies, snacks and Prosecco for everyone between 12.30pm and 2pm – while stocks last.