Ely coffee shop to launch brand new trailer with rooftop seating and espresso making equipment
A coffee shop in Ely has a brand new rooftop ‘Coffee Rig’ with state-of-the-art espresso making equipment and seating overlooking the city.
Silver Oak Coffee Ltd has its roastery just outside Ely and has been selling delicious beans and coffee based drinks on Ely Market Square for more than four years.
The Coffee Rig, which is a six metre long trailer - has a staircase, modelled on a routemaster bus - that takes you onto the roof.
It is being celebrated at an official launch tomorrow and was built by Masters Exhibitions.
They say that, although they have built countless race event trailers, vans and mobile bars, this is a first for them.
A spokesperson for Silver Oak Coffee said: “It is essentially a six metre long, matt black trailer, The roof is equipped with the best seats in town and you can sit and look over the market and the cathedral, while sipping a gorgeous flat white.
“If the weather is inclement, then linked to the trailer are two weatherproof, weighted gazebos, with side panels or half panels.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
“You can sit inside, with your dog (or children!) and enjoy the ‘indooroutdoor’ experience that we all love.”
Business owner, qualified roaster and expert barista, Bruce Garside, takes a scientific approach to producing coffee.
The company works with small farms so the environment influences the flavour profile of the coffee beans.
Bruce buys coffee beans seasonally, carefully selecting micro lots of beans from around the world, which he roasts carefully to bring out the natural flavours to the best advantage.
At the launch tomorrow there will be free coffee, brownies, snacks and Prosecco for everyone between 12.30pm and 2pm – while stocks last.