Successful launch night for Soham pub saved from closure
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Soham that was saved from closure has reopened under new management.
The Carpenters Arms, in Brook Street, is now run by Robert Barnes, Annabel Talbot and Leisa Sarll.
Just last year the pub was granted planning permission to be turned into a home.
But residents rallied around to show their support in a bid to keep it by trying to raise money to buy it.
On Saturday December 7 customers old and new joined the team to take part in the launch night.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an increase in opening hours to continue to support the darts, pool, cribbage, card and dominoes teams.
Mr Barnes said: "I would like to deeply thank each and every customer who came to support us in our opening week; it meant a lot for the praise and encouragement shown to us.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
"We would value recommendations from the customers, for which choices of beers, ales and other products they would like to see introduced in the New Year."
Dates for the diary
Meat draw every Sunday at 1.30pm with complimentary light nibbles provided during the lunchtime.
Weekly bonus ball
Quiz nights starting on Sunday December 15 then continuing fortnightly.
The annual Christmas draw taking place on Sunday December 22 at 3pm
Christmas Eve: Karaoke and disco
Saturday February 1 2020 race night in aid of a children's charity
Dog walkers are invited to pop in with their well-behaved dogs for refreshments throughout the week and weekends.