Latest traffic updates and school closures across East Cambs
- Credit: Archant
THERE were delays on the A142 near Ely Station this morning after a collision that left a concrete pillar on the road.
Police were called to an incident shortly after 7am following reports that two vehicles had collided and a pillar had ended up in the carriageway.
There were delays in both directions on the A142 as police and recovery teams worked to clear the scene.
Earlier, an overturned vehicle on the B1381 Chain Causeway between Sutton and Earith caused delays before finally being cleared at about 8.30am.
Schools confirmed as closed amid the snow are: Downham Feoffees, Ely College, Ely St Mary’s School, Harbour School, Lantern Primary School, Littleport Primary, Mepal and Witcham Primary, Rackham Primary School, Soham Village College, Spring Meadow Infants School, St Andrew’s Primary, Witchford Village College, Sutton Primary School and Stretham Primary School are all confirmed as closed.
You may also want to watch:
Wilburton Primary School and Burwell Village College Primary remain open.
There are delays of up to 40 minutes on trains between Cambridge and Stevenage after a vehicle hit a bridge at Baldock. Services run by Greater Anglia were suffering minor delays as trains reduced speeds on account of the weather conditions
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall