Latest traffic updates and school closures across East Cambs
- Credit: Archant
THERE were delays on the A142 near Ely Station this morning after a collision that left a concrete pillar on the road.
Police were called to an incident shortly after 7am following reports that two vehicles had collided and a pillar had ended up in the carriageway.
There were delays in both directions on the A142 as police and recovery teams worked to clear the scene.
Earlier, an overturned vehicle on the B1381 Chain Causeway between Sutton and Earith caused delays before finally being cleared at about 8.30am.
Schools confirmed as closed amid the snow are: Downham Feoffees, Ely College, Ely St Mary’s School, Harbour School, Lantern Primary School, Littleport Primary, Mepal and Witcham Primary, Rackham Primary School, Soham Village College, Spring Meadow Infants School, St Andrew’s Primary, Witchford Village College, Sutton Primary School and Stretham Primary School are all confirmed as closed.
You may also want to watch:
Wilburton Primary School and Burwell Village College Primary remain open.
There are delays of up to 40 minutes on trains between Cambridge and Stevenage after a vehicle hit a bridge at Baldock. Services run by Greater Anglia were suffering minor delays as trains reduced speeds on account of the weather conditions
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound