LATEST: Police close road for a second time as investigations into discovery of man’s body continue
- Credit: Archant
A street in Littleport has been sealed off again by officers this evening (Wednesday) following the discovery of a body earlier in the day.
Cambridgeshire police put up a cordon in Ponts Hill at about 5am after discovering the body of a man in his 30s, who was found dead near Littleport Fire Station.
After initial investigations, police reopened the road again by 8am but, this evening, police confirmed that the road had once again been closed.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that officers had sealed off Ponts Hill again “as part of their investigations” but could not confirm any further details.
The spokesman said that the death is still being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
On Facebook, Adi Keating, said: “I have just left work near Catherine’s chip shop and the road outside the station has been closed off with police incident tape and police are near by.”
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol