Large tree to be felled in Soham for safety reasons
- Credit: Archant
Work will begin today to fell a large tree in Soham.
Trees surgeons will tackle a Wellingtonia in the garden of a property on Red House Gardens.
The tree, which was subject to a tree preservation order, lost a large branch last year due to a structural defect likely to have been caused by strong winds over the years.
With evidence that some remaining branches within the crown of the tree also have cracks, it was agreed to fell the tree for safety reasons.
The Wellingtonia will take a week to be removed due to its size.
You may also want to watch:
During this time, residents are advised that there may be some temporary closures of a footpath in the area.
For more information on this or any tree related enquiry call 01353 665555
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'