Lantern Pupils Design Noise Awareness Posters
SCHOOL children from the Lantern Primary School in Ely are helping the district council to highlight the problems of noise pollution. East Cambridgeshire District Council sent environmental health officers visited the school and talked to children about w
SCHOOL children from the Lantern Primary School in Ely are helping the district council to highlight the problems of noise pollution.
East Cambridgeshire District Council sent environmental health officers visited the school and talked to children about why noise can be good or bad, how noise can affect people and what everyone can do to make a difference.
The pupils then took part in a competition to draw posters which the district council can then use in future campaigns to highlight noise awareness.
Vinnie Jathoul, technical officer within the environmental services at East Cambridgeshire District Council said: "It was really interesting to hear the views of the children on the issues of noise. From things like loud music, barking dogs and even bird song, all the children had something to say about what makes noise good or bad.
You may also want to watch:
"We then asked them all to draw posters as part of a competition which would eventually see their creations used by the authority to promote what we are doing to combat noise. Some of the ideas were brilliant and really inventive so I can't wait to use the final designs."
The winners of best posters were:
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 3 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 8 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
* Age 4-5 Jessica (Class: Owls, Year: Reception) and Hannah (Class: Kingfishers, Year: Reception)
* Age 5-6 Sam (Class: Robins, Year: 1) and Joe (Class:Doves, Year:1)
* Age 7-8 Libi (Class: Herons, Year 3)
* Age 8-9 Bethany (Class: Kestrels, Year 4)