Language barrier led t mtring ffence
A LANGUAGE prblem led t banned mtrist Carls Dias getting back behind the wheel f his car a year early, magistrates were tld. Dias was banned fr 20 mnths back in March 2007 – s shuld have stayed ff the rads until Nvember 2008. But plice caug
A LANGUAGE prblem led t banned mtrist Carls Dias getting back behind the wheel f his car a year early, magistrates were tld.
Dias was banned fr 20 mnths back in March 2007 - s shuld have stayed ff the rads until Nvember 2008.
But plice caught Dias driving in Ely n February 3, because he thught he was allwed back n the rad last Nvember.
Dias, 34, f Twer Curt, Ely, appeared befre city magistrates n Thursday, when he admitted driving while disqualified and withut insurance.
You may also want to watch:
"He was nt assisted by an interpreter n the day f his curt hearing, and thught his ban ended last Nvember," said slicitr Michael Judkins. "He was n a rutine jurney when seen driving by plice."
Dias was rdered t carry ut 60 hurs f unpaid wrk, six pints were endrsed n his driving recrd, and he must pay £60 csts.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation