Signs of spring on show at Landwade Hall's 'pop-up' weekend
- Credit: PENNY MILES
This weekend brings a chance to see thousands of daffodils when Landwade Hall near Fordham opens its grounds to the public.
The pop-up (unscheduled opening) on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 March from 10am until 4pm follows a successful snowdrop opening in February, which attracted 150 local visitors.
"These are the last two days where the current restrictions apply," said Penny Miles of the National Garden Scheme.
"Local visitors only for exercise - if it had been the 29th, it would have been easier!
"Proceeds from the pop-up will go to the nursing and health charities we support.
You may also want to watch:
"We are the largest donors to MacMillan Nurses and Marie Curie, among many other health-related charities."
Jenny Marks, county organiser for Cambridgeshire, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to exercise and enjoy the outdoors.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“It's important anyone considering visiting adheres to Covid-19 rules."
Visits must be pre-booked in advance. Get your tickets from the National Garden Scheme website.