Landmark for Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund as donations from apple day help push total to �60,000
THE Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund reached �60,000 thanks to money raised at Ely’s Apple Festival on Saturday.
Visitors to the festival, held on Palace Green, donated some �443.80 to the fund, helping push the total fund past the �60,000 mark as charity founder Robert Barnes continues in his quest to raise �100,000.
A draw for a goodie-packed apple cart was held, with Keith and Jenny Green the winners.
Robert said: “I am so grateful to the small army of volunteers helping to raise such a huge amount of money in such a short time, without them I could not do the job I am doing.”
Next Saturday the charity be at the Co-op on Wisbech Road. Littleport with a cake stall
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.lisabarnesmemorialfund.co.uk/
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen