Landmark for Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund as donations from apple day help push total to �60,000
THE Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund reached �60,000 thanks to money raised at Ely’s Apple Festival on Saturday.
Visitors to the festival, held on Palace Green, donated some �443.80 to the fund, helping push the total fund past the �60,000 mark as charity founder Robert Barnes continues in his quest to raise �100,000.
A draw for a goodie-packed apple cart was held, with Keith and Jenny Green the winners.
Robert said: “I am so grateful to the small army of volunteers helping to raise such a huge amount of money in such a short time, without them I could not do the job I am doing.”
Next Saturday the charity be at the Co-op on Wisbech Road. Littleport with a cake stall
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.lisabarnesmemorialfund.co.uk/
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'