Landmark for Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund as donations from apple day help push total to �60,000
THE Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund reached �60,000 thanks to money raised at Ely’s Apple Festival on Saturday.
Visitors to the festival, held on Palace Green, donated some �443.80 to the fund, helping push the total fund past the �60,000 mark as charity founder Robert Barnes continues in his quest to raise �100,000.
A draw for a goodie-packed apple cart was held, with Keith and Jenny Green the winners.
Robert said: “I am so grateful to the small army of volunteers helping to raise such a huge amount of money in such a short time, without them I could not do the job I am doing.”
Next Saturday the charity be at the Co-op on Wisbech Road. Littleport with a cake stall
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.lisabarnesmemorialfund.co.uk/
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam