Landlady declared dead
ELY pub landlady Debbie Steel, wh disappeared mre than 10 years ag, has been declared fficially dead. Her will is being acted upn and her estate distributed, but the mystery f her disappearance is n clser t being slved. The executr f her estat
ELY pub landlady Debbie Steel, wh disappeared mre than 10 years ag, has been declared fficially dead.
Her will is being acted upn and her estate distributed, but the mystery f her disappearance is n clser t being slved.
The executr f her estate, Kent slicitr Andrew Butler, said: "She has been declared deceased because there is an assumptin f death.
"She was a client f mine and I made a will fr her. We have been granted prbate and have issued a ntice t creditrs. We are lking fr anyne wh has a claim against her estate.
You may also want to watch:
"She did nt leave her estate t her family. We shall prbably never knw whether she disappeared r was murdered."
Debbie, 37, disappeared frm the Ryal Standard pub in Frehill in December 1997. She built up and ran the pub with her partner, Brian McDermtt and wned a huse in Langfields, Ely.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Frensic teams were sent t the pub, a plice helicpter was drafted in t scur the area and eventually the search was widened t Lndn where Debbie's family lived.
CCTV ftage in Ely and n the Lndn undergrund was scanned and appeals were launched thrugh psters and in the press.
One persn came frward t say he believed he had seen her n Ely railway statin the mrning after she disappeared, but Debbie was never fund.
A Cambridgeshire plice spkesman said: "A missing persn enquiry was filed n Debrah Steel and this file will be re-pened if any new evidence cmes t light.