Plea to return stolen Land Rover from Isleham
- Credit: Archant
A desperate plea has been issued to return a stolen Land Rover from Isleham to its owners.
The vehicle was taken from the drive of a house in Sun Street between 7.40pm and 11pm on September 21.
In a post on Policing East Cambridgeshire, a woman commented: "I really hope we can find her as we have a very sad 19-year-old who saved up since he was four for his very own Landy.
"She was all locked up and on our drive and someone just took her just like that."
The Land Rover Defender is red and has the number plate JI04 GDS.
A police spokesman said: "We were called at 12.12pm on September 22 with reports that a Land Rover Defender had been stolen from Sun Street in Isleham, Ely.
"The vehicle is believed to have been stolen between 7.40pm and 11pm on September 21.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 9 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
"An investigation has been launched.
"Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting crime reference number 35/67950/19.
"Alternatively, they can report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report"
The Land Rover Defender is an iconic British four-wheel drive off-road vehicle developed in the 1980s.