Plea to return stolen Land Rover from Isleham
- Credit: Archant
A desperate plea has been issued to return a stolen Land Rover from Isleham to its owners.
The vehicle was taken from the drive of a house in Sun Street between 7.40pm and 11pm on September 21.
In a post on Policing East Cambridgeshire, a woman commented: "I really hope we can find her as we have a very sad 19-year-old who saved up since he was four for his very own Landy.
"She was all locked up and on our drive and someone just took her just like that."
The Land Rover Defender is red and has the number plate JI04 GDS.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: "We were called at 12.12pm on September 22 with reports that a Land Rover Defender had been stolen from Sun Street in Isleham, Ely.
"The vehicle is believed to have been stolen between 7.40pm and 11pm on September 21.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
"An investigation has been launched.
"Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting crime reference number 35/67950/19.
"Alternatively, they can report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report"
The Land Rover Defender is an iconic British four-wheel drive off-road vehicle developed in the 1980s.