Roundabout blocked after tractor trailer overturns – spilling the contents all over the road
- Credit: Fen Scene
An east Cambridgeshire roundabout has been blocked after a tractor trailer overturned, spilling its contents all over the road.
Motorists can no longer access the A142 via the Lancaster way roundabout along Witchford Road near Ely following the incident this morning.
Pictures from the scene show the overturned trailer on its side with what looks to be the tractor driver making a call after the crash.
Road users can join the roundabout from the A142 but cannot exit onto it, it can only be used to exit into the village of Witchford.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 9.18am with reports a tractor had overturned in Lancaster Way on a roundabout near Witchford.
“No injuries have been reported, but there was a significant amount of debris on the road. The tractor was towing a trailer containing crops.”
Delays are expected while the scene is cleared and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 5 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 6 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 10 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
A post on the Fen Scene Facebook page reads: “You can access the roundabout from the A142 but cannot exit onto it; exit only into Witchford.
“There is no access to Lancaster Way roundabout from Witchford village due to an incident involving a tractor.”