Roundabout blocked after tractor trailer overturns – spilling the contents all over the road
- Credit: Fen Scene
An east Cambridgeshire roundabout has been blocked after a tractor trailer overturned, spilling its contents all over the road.
Motorists can no longer access the A142 via the Lancaster way roundabout along Witchford Road near Ely following the incident this morning.
Pictures from the scene show the overturned trailer on its side with what looks to be the tractor driver making a call after the crash.
Road users can join the roundabout from the A142 but cannot exit onto it, it can only be used to exit into the village of Witchford.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 9.18am with reports a tractor had overturned in Lancaster Way on a roundabout near Witchford.
You may also want to watch:
“No injuries have been reported, but there was a significant amount of debris on the road. The tractor was towing a trailer containing crops.”
Delays are expected while the scene is cleared and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
A post on the Fen Scene Facebook page reads: “You can access the roundabout from the A142 but cannot exit onto it; exit only into Witchford.
“There is no access to Lancaster Way roundabout from Witchford village due to an incident involving a tractor.”