Supercar driver escapes injury after crashing Lamborghini before failing drugs test
- Credit: Twitter/@roadpoliceBCH
A supercar driver who crashed their £270,000 Lamborghini before fleeing the scene has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving.
The driver slammed their black Lamborghini Aventador S into the side of the A1198 at Caxton near Cambridge at around 8.30am on Sunday, September 27.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 8.48am with reports of a single-vehicle collision on the A1198 in Caxton.
“Nobody was injured as a result of the collision, which involved a black Lamborghini Aventador, but when officers arrived the driver had left the scene.
“A 44-year-old man from Cambourne was later arrested on suspicion of drug driving. He was since been released under investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Pictures show a ‘ramp’ in the road just metres from the crash – which could have led to the Italian supercar losing control.
The images – taken by the Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire Road Policing Unit – show the extensive damage caused to the car.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The unit tweeted: “Single vehicle RTC A1198 Caxton, Cambs.
“Thankfully no injuries but the driver has provided a positive reading on a drugwipe and has been arrested.”