Ladies Week At The Old Palace In Ely
SUE Ryder Care is treating the ladies in March – to help raise more than half a million pounds for multiple sclerosis, brain injury and cancer sufferers. The charity, based at The Old Palace on Cathedral Green, has enrolled soldiers in uniform, pampering
SUE Ryder Care is treating the ladies in March - to help raise more than half a million pounds for multiple sclerosis, brain injury and cancer sufferers.
The charity, based at The Old Palace on Cathedral Green, has enrolled soldiers in uniform, pampering experts and even jewellery enthusiasts for a packed Ladies Week to help reach its annual fundraising target.
Members of the 25 Engineer Regiment from Waterbeach Barracks, and 43 Headquarters and Support Squadron will cook and serve the ladies a two-course lunch after a drinks reception.
Imagine Health Spa near King's Lynn staff will be on hand to offerskincare and beauty advice, whilst shopaholics will be entertained by a Glamour Galore fashion, beauty and activities fair at The Old Palace.
March 9: Imagine Health and Spa, spa package for �95
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
March 10: Jewellery from Around the World talk, 1.30pm. Tickets �5
March 11: Fashion Show at 7.30pm, with Catherine Jane, 7.30pm. Tickets �10.
March 12: Ladies Lunch cooked and served by soldiers from Waterbeach Barracks. Tickets �35.
March 13: Pampering Workshop, 10.30am, tickets �5.
March 14: Glamour Galore fair, 10am-3pm. Free entry.
Hayley Newton of Sue Ryder Care celebrates the launch of Ladies Week.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE 0025HD0209