Labour Party Suspend South East Cambs Candidate
THE Labour Party candidate who was set to stand for South East Cambridgeshire seat at the upcoming General Election has been suspended from the party following allegations that he boasted about sexual exploits on internet forums. A spokesman for the Labou
THE Labour Party candidate who was set to stand for the South East Cambridgeshire seat at the upcoming General Election has been suspended by the party following allegations that he boasted about sexual exploits on internet forums.
A spokesman for the Labour Party confirmed that 35-year-old John Cowan had been suspended by the party following allegations in a Sunday newspaper about a series of forum posts in which he allegedly boasted about his sexual exploits and advertised for people to pose naked for his photographic portfolio.
The allegations, which were reported in the Sunday Telegraph, also featured details about posts written by Mr Cowan outlining how he would not want his children to marry a Muslim.
The decision to suspend Mr Cowan, who has been removed from all Labour Party websites, including the South East Cambridgeshire site, comes less than a week after it emerged that he had been thrown out of the Liberal Democrat Party in 2004 for allegedly sending 'sexual emails' to female politicians.
You may also want to watch:
It also emerged that Mr Cowan discussed the possibility of joining the Conservative Party in the wake of his Lib Dem expulsion before eventually being accepted as a Labour candidate.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest