Labour Party Suspend South East Cambs Candidate
THE Labour Party candidate who was set to stand for South East Cambridgeshire seat at the upcoming General Election has been suspended from the party following allegations that he boasted about sexual exploits on internet forums. A spokesman for the Labou
THE Labour Party candidate who was set to stand for the South East Cambridgeshire seat at the upcoming General Election has been suspended by the party following allegations that he boasted about sexual exploits on internet forums.
A spokesman for the Labour Party confirmed that 35-year-old John Cowan had been suspended by the party following allegations in a Sunday newspaper about a series of forum posts in which he allegedly boasted about his sexual exploits and advertised for people to pose naked for his photographic portfolio.
The allegations, which were reported in the Sunday Telegraph, also featured details about posts written by Mr Cowan outlining how he would not want his children to marry a Muslim.
The decision to suspend Mr Cowan, who has been removed from all Labour Party websites, including the South East Cambridgeshire site, comes less than a week after it emerged that he had been thrown out of the Liberal Democrat Party in 2004 for allegedly sending 'sexual emails' to female politicians.
You may also want to watch:
It also emerged that Mr Cowan discussed the possibility of joining the Conservative Party in the wake of his Lib Dem expulsion before eventually being accepted as a Labour candidate.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments