Labour Party Suspend South East Cambs Candidate
THE Labour Party candidate who was set to stand for South East Cambridgeshire seat at the upcoming General Election has been suspended from the party following allegations that he boasted about sexual exploits on internet forums. A spokesman for the Labou
THE Labour Party candidate who was set to stand for the South East Cambridgeshire seat at the upcoming General Election has been suspended by the party following allegations that he boasted about sexual exploits on internet forums.
A spokesman for the Labour Party confirmed that 35-year-old John Cowan had been suspended by the party following allegations in a Sunday newspaper about a series of forum posts in which he allegedly boasted about his sexual exploits and advertised for people to pose naked for his photographic portfolio.
The allegations, which were reported in the Sunday Telegraph, also featured details about posts written by Mr Cowan outlining how he would not want his children to marry a Muslim.
The decision to suspend Mr Cowan, who has been removed from all Labour Party websites, including the South East Cambridgeshire site, comes less than a week after it emerged that he had been thrown out of the Liberal Democrat Party in 2004 for allegedly sending 'sexual emails' to female politicians.
It also emerged that Mr Cowan discussed the possibility of joining the Conservative Party in the wake of his Lib Dem expulsion before eventually being accepted as a Labour candidate.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village