CCTV released after knifepoint robbery at the One Stop store in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to following a knifepoint robbery at the One Stop in Wisbech Road.
A member of staff pressed a panic alarm at One Stop in Wisbech Road during the incident at about 6.30pm yesterday (August 2).
The alarm was raised after a man entered the store and filled his pockets with scratch cards before threatening two members of staff, one woman in her 40s and another in her teens, with a knife and demanded cash.
The man fled the shop in the direction of Pont’s Hill.
Detective Sergeant Emma Garwood, who is investigating from Cambridgeshire Police, said: “This was an extremely distressing incident for the two shop workers.
You may also want to watch:
“The man tried his best to cover his identity using somewhat of a distinctive hat.
“I would urge anybody who has any information about the incident, or saw a man wearing a similar looking hat in the area at the time, to get in touch as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information should contact police either by speaking to a web-chat operator through the Cambs Police website quoting 35/51553/20. Alternatively, call 101.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member