CCTV released after knifepoint robbery at the One Stop store in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to following a knifepoint robbery at the One Stop in Wisbech Road.
A member of staff pressed a panic alarm at One Stop in Wisbech Road during the incident at about 6.30pm yesterday (August 2).
The alarm was raised after a man entered the store and filled his pockets with scratch cards before threatening two members of staff, one woman in her 40s and another in her teens, with a knife and demanded cash.
The man fled the shop in the direction of Pont’s Hill.
Detective Sergeant Emma Garwood, who is investigating from Cambridgeshire Police, said: “This was an extremely distressing incident for the two shop workers.
You may also want to watch:
“The man tried his best to cover his identity using somewhat of a distinctive hat.
“I would urge anybody who has any information about the incident, or saw a man wearing a similar looking hat in the area at the time, to get in touch as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information should contact police either by speaking to a web-chat operator through the Cambs Police website quoting 35/51553/20. Alternatively, call 101.
- 1 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash