Kitchen catches fire in Windmill Close, Ely

Kitchen catches fire in Windmill Close, Ely

Kitchen catches fire in Windmill Close, Ely - Credit: Archant

A kitchen caught fire in Windmill Close, Ely yesterday evening.

Crews from Ely and Sutton were called to the house at 7.41pm.

A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “A fire involving cooking was extinguished by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus who used a hose reel and dry powder extinguisher.

“Positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear smoke and the crews returned to their stations by 9pm.”

The cause of the fire was accidental, by person.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter