Kitchen catches fire in Windmill Close, Ely
PUBLISHED: 12:15 26 July 2016 | UPDATED: 12:15 26 July 2016
A kitchen caught fire in Windmill Close, Ely yesterday evening.
Crews from Ely and Sutton were called to the house at 7.41pm.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “A fire involving cooking was extinguished by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus who used a hose reel and dry powder extinguisher.
“Positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear smoke and the crews returned to their stations by 9pm.”
The cause of the fire was accidental, by person.