Kings of the art
STUDENTS from the King s School in Ely will be displaying some of their work at an exhibition to be staged later this month. Photography was introduced last year as one of the choices available to sixth formers studying art and design at the school, and s
STUDENTS from the King's School in Ely will be displaying some of their work at an exhibition to be staged later this month. Photography was introduced last year as one of the choices available to sixth formers studying art and design at the school, and some stunning images will be included in the exhibition.
Also on show will be textile work and a broad range of drawing, painting, sculpture and print-making by students taking fine art.
Students who choose to study textiles learn a number of practical techniques which include printing, dyeing, appliqué, quilting, weaving and hand and machine embroidery and King's students' A-level results have placed them in the top five in the country for the past four years.
This year, King's students have already gained places at some of the country's most prestigious art colleges, including Central St Martins and Chelsea.
The exhibition includes not only coursework by sixth formers taking AS and A2 but also work by Year 9 and GCSE pupils.
A private view of the exhibition takes place on Friday and the exhibition continues until Friday, March 23.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 4 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 8 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 9 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 10 Replacement home not good enough says council
INFO: Opening times are Monday-Friday, from 9am-5pm daily and Saturday 9am-12.30pm.