Budding photographers Ivana and Francesca win national honours
- Credit: King's Ely
Two budding photographers have come out on top in a national competition.
Ivana Peat of King’s Ely Senior won the age 11-15 category in this year’s Beyond the Frame competition organised by Norwich University of the Arts.
There was also success for Francesca Stevens, also in year 11 at King’s Ely, as she won the Judge’s Choice award.
More than 250 photography students from across the UK took part in the competition, where King’s Ely saw five of its pupils’ work shortlisted for the awards.
A spokesperson for King’s Ely said: “We are over the moon. For winning the age 11-15 category, Ivana will receive a Canon EOS M50 camera.
“For winning the Judge's Choice Award, Francesca will receive a signed copy of ‘99x99s’ by Luke Stevenson.”
The school’s latest triumphs come after sixth form student Lucas Edevane won the 2021 Ilford Photo UK student photography competition, where more than 200 photography students submitted entries.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told