Duo selected to attend junior music school
- Credit: KING'S ELY
Two King’s Ely Sixth Form students have been awarded places at prestigious junior music schools.
Ally Bowerman and Mimi Hughes are visiting the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama and the Junior Royal Academy of Music, respectively, every Saturday to study voice.
The Sixth Form Ely Cathedral Choral Scholars join Year 10 student, Polly Casey, who has been studying the recorder and French Horn at the Junior Royal College of Music since spring.
Neil Porter-Thaw, director of music at King’s Ely, said: “The audition processes for these junior conservatoires are fiercely competitive and rigorous.
"So to have three King’s Ely students at three different establishments is a fantastic achievement.
"No doubt our younger students will benefit from Mimi, Ally and Polly’s stories as many more King’s musicians are looking to follow suit.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 3 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 8 ‘Successful’ sixth form open evening as more courses launch
- 9 Man who drove lorry at relatives sitting in garden to be detained in hospital
- 10 Ely gets £344,000 to upgrade CCTV and improve city centre