King’s Ely Junior Flute Choir to star in British Suzuki Institute Celebration Concerts
- Credit: Archant
Flute players from King’s Ely will perform in this year’s British Suzuki Institute Celebration Concerts after beating hundreds of other entrants who applied to perform.
King’s Ely Junior’s nine-strong Flute Choir has been selected to feature in one of the concerts, on Sunday March 17, after its teacher, Liz Hargest, submitted a recording of the students performing ‘You’ve got to pick a pocket or two’ by writer and composer Lionel Bart.
The British Suzuki Institute is a charity set up to advance education in music via the methods of education developed over 70 years ago by founder Dr Shin’ichi Suzuki.
The institute focuses on teacher training and the as well as concerts, workshops and special events for members.
The Celebration Concerts are being held at London’s Southbank Centre in March and will see musicians aged five to 16 coming together to perform music from Debussy to Beethoven, all celebrating 40 years of the institute.
You may also want to watch:
The musicians will perform piano, string and wind solos, duets and chamber ensembles, as well as larger group performances. Each concert has a separate programme featuring different performers and a mixture of age, level and instruments.
Liz Hargest said: “I am so proud of what the girls have achieved. “They all work incredibly hard to memorise their part and to play their instruments with musicality and expression. “They really are a team and each individual’s motivation inspires the other girls.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
“I know the concert will be a memorable occasion for them, their parents, myself and everyone at King’s Ely.”