King’s Ely Junior pupil Florence Nell qualifies for National Youth Music Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old pupil at King’s Ely has qualified for the National Youth Music Theatre (NYMT).
Florence Nell has been invited to join the 2018 NYMT company following a round of national auditions over the last few months.
She starred in King’s Ely Junior’s (KEJ) 2017 production of CATS, performing ‘Memory’ in her role as Old Grizabella.
She is also starring in this month’s KEJ production of Seussical The Musical, playing Gertrude McFuzz.
Florence will go to Sevenoaks in Kent for a week during the summer holidays to be part of a residential workshop of a new show, Growl, which the NYMT plans to fully produce next year.
She will also be part of the NYMT Christmas Carol Concert in London later this year.
Outside of school, she has been involved with Pure Rhythm Performing Arts School since she was five.
- 1 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 2 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 3 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 7 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
Most recently she played Captain Greylag in Honk and Tweedledum in Alice in Wonderland.
After Seussical, she ill be rehearsing with Pure Rhythm for their production of Peter Pan in July.