King’s Ely Junior pupil Florence Nell qualifies for National Youth Music Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old pupil at King’s Ely has qualified for the National Youth Music Theatre (NYMT).
Florence Nell has been invited to join the 2018 NYMT company following a round of national auditions over the last few months.
She starred in King’s Ely Junior’s (KEJ) 2017 production of CATS, performing ‘Memory’ in her role as Old Grizabella.
She is also starring in this month’s KEJ production of Seussical The Musical, playing Gertrude McFuzz.
Florence will go to Sevenoaks in Kent for a week during the summer holidays to be part of a residential workshop of a new show, Growl, which the NYMT plans to fully produce next year.
You may also want to watch:
She will also be part of the NYMT Christmas Carol Concert in London later this year.
Outside of school, she has been involved with Pure Rhythm Performing Arts School since she was five.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Most recently she played Captain Greylag in Honk and Tweedledum in Alice in Wonderland.
After Seussical, she ill be rehearsing with Pure Rhythm for their production of Peter Pan in July.