King’s Ely students go Hogwarts crazy for Harry Potter event
- Credit: Archant
Dressed in wizard and witch capes and sporting glasses and hats, King’s Ely’s Harry Potter fans enjoyed an afternoon of Hogwarts-themed fun.
Staff at the school’s Porta Library organised the event for junior and senior students including a Hogwarts-themed lunch in the Monastic Barn.
In the afternoon Year 5 and 6 students joined in and, upon arrival, the witches and wizards heard the Sorting Hat sing its annual song before it sorted them into houses.
Each of the four houses worked together to answer a quiz on all things Hogwarts. The house with the most points was Gryffindor and they were treated to having first pick of the chocolate Galleons and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans which had been hidden in a cauldron in the potions classroom.
A prize was handed out by the Hogwarts’ librarian, Dr Inga Jones, for the best-dressed wizard. The winner was Dumbledore, complete with velvet robe and flowing silver hair and beard.
You may also want to watch:
Year 7 and 8 King’s Ely Junior students then visited the library and joined King’s Ely Senior’s Harry Potter fans in being sorted and taking part in a quiz. The winner of the House Cup in this group was Gryffindor.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph